Rules for submission, review and publication of scientific articles
in the Bulletin of Transport Information (BTI)
- In order to publish an article in the BTI magazine, you need to submit the following materials to the editorial office.
- One copy of the article signed by the authors. The article should be printed on one-side of A4 paper in one column, with 1.5 size line spacing and 14 pt font size. On the title page, you should specify:
All figures should be provided separately, on paper in one copy. Schemes and charts should be printed sharply, in a format that ensures clarity of all details.
- UDC index;
- Russian and English title of the article;
- Russian and English summary;
- Russian and English keywords;
The materials package to be provided to the editorial office also includes:
- identical version of the article in electronic form, which is to be sent to the editorial office via e-mail, in the form of original file (files) or ZIP-archive;
- information about the authors in a free form on a separate sheet (family name, given name, father’s name, place of employment, position, academic degree, title, business address, telephone, and e-mail). The name of the organization where the authors work (i.e. university and department) should be supplied in the full form. The authors should ensure that the organization name specified in the article conforms to the name specified in the main information databases of scientific information. In particular, Scientific Electronic Library (Russian Science Citation Index, RISC).
If there are several authors, it should be specified with whom to correspond.
- The BTI magazine conducts the reviewing of all incoming scientific articles that correspond to the topics of the magazine, in order to get the expert assessment. All reviewers are the recognized experts in the same field as the reviewed papers, and have their own published articles in that field during recent 3 years. The reviews are stored in the BTI editorial office during 5 years or more. The BTI Editorial board is a structural unit of the BTI founder, SP G.E.Davydov.
- The authors can arrange the reviewing of their articles by themselves. In that case, they are to get article reviews from experts working in an organization other than the author (authors) of the article (in another department of the higher professional education institution) . In such cases, the authors should send a cover letter to the BTI Editorial office, in which they specify the reviewers' articles of the same topic as their article, published during the last 3 years before the reviewed article has been submitted to the BTI.
The genuine signature of the reviewer should be certified in an established order.
Articles that got negative conclusions from the reviewers may be sent by the authors to the BTI Editorial office on a common basis.
- Whether the articles submitted to the BTI have the reviews or not, the magazine’s Editorial can arrange the reviewing of these articles.
The articles submitted to the BTI without any reviews, as well as the articles submitted to the BTI along with negative reviews will be reviewed at the BTI Editorial office. In order to do so, the magazine can engage the members of the BTI Editorial board and other experts chosen by the BTI Editorial office, taking into account the requirements of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- The authors of the articles can get a refusal of publication in the BTI magazine in the following cases.
The articles can be published in the magazine by the decision of the BTI Editor-in-chief even if there are negative conclusions from the reviewers (both internal and external).
- inconsistency of the article with the topics of the magazine;
- excessive size of the article along with authors' refusal to split the article into the chapters, sections and publish the article part by part in several BTI issues;
- negative conclusion of an internal BTI reviewer.
- The reviews of internal (BTI Editorial office) reviewers (both positive and negative) are brought to the attention of the articles' authors in an agreed manner.
- Upon the request of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, the BTI Editorial office mandatorily sends the copies of the reviews for the published scientific articles to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- The articles edited by the BTI Editorial office are sent to the authors via e-mail to make amendments in texts and for approval.
The authors determine the final edition of their articles and in the same way, via e-mail, return the manuscripts to the BTI Editorial office.
Edited and approved versions of the articles received from the authors are included into the upcoming BTI issues, and are transferred for markup and creation of the layouts of upcoming issues of the magazine.
- The BTI Editorial point of view on the article subject may not be the same as that of the authors.
If the authors reject the editors’ corrections and remarks about the article text they received from the BTI Editorial for approval before publication, the corresponding article snippets may be published with the notes (comments) of the BTI Editorial.
- Generally, the volume of the article should not exceed 10 typewritten pages, including tables, figures and bibliography.
The articles may have a volume more than specified in this paragraph of rules; however, the authors should be ready to split the article on chapters and sections and to publish the article in several BTI issues.
- The BTI Editorial accepts electronic files of the articles in the formats of MS Word and MS Excel 2003-2007 and later versions. To type the formulas, one can use the MS Word function «Insert -> Symbol» and the Equation and MathType formula editors.
In case of making sections in the article, the numbering of the formulas starts over in every section. Otherwise, the numbering should be sequential.
If there are a figures in the article, they should be submitted to the BTI Editorial as separate files. If a formula is of big size, one should simplify it, for instance, one can introduce new designations or split the formula into several lines. Vector values and matrices should be shown in bold. The article should contain only the most essential formulas; one should abandon intermediate transitions. Only formulas that have reference in the text should be numbered.
- Figures, graphs, and charts (mandatory black-and-white or in grayscale) are provided in separate files. All figure files should have the names starting with the name of the article file with the addition of suffixes _fig01, _fig02, etc. The actual resolution of the halftone files should be at least 150 dpi, and black-and-white files should be at least 300 dpi, having the appropriate image size (not less than 7 × 7 cm). Tables should have the headings and sequence numbers. Only standard abbreviations are allowed. The authors should use measurement units according to International System of Units (SI).
- References in the order that they are mentioned should be put at the end of the article. In the text, references should be in square brackets and refer only to the published papers.
Examples of reference list design:
- For journal articles, collections, conference proceedings:
- Иванов Н.Н. Волны в жидкости // Гидромеханика. 2003. т. 1. № 10. Вып. 1. с. 13–17.
- Ватульян А.О. Интегральные уравнения в обратных задачах определения коэффициентов дифференциальных операторов теории упругости // ДАН. 2005. т. 405. № 3. с. 343–345.
- Roe R.J. Description of Crystallite Orientation in polycrystalline Materials. General Solution to Pole Figures Inversion // J. Appl. Phys. 1965. Vol. 36. No. 6. p. 2024–2031.
- Шилова В.П. Источники ЗВ // Проблемы экологии: Тез. докл. XV Междунар. конф. М., 2000. с. 5–8.
- For books:
- Литвинов А.Н. Динамика массивных тел. М.: Наука, 1982. 700 с.
- Природные опасности России. Экзогенные геологические процессы / Под ред. В.М. Кутепова, А.И. Шеко. М.: КРУК, 2002. 348 с.
- Бейтмен Г., Эрдейи А. Высшие трансцендентные функции. М.: Наука, 1966. т. 2. 295 с.
- Andrews G.E. The theory of partitions. Encyclopedia of mathematics and its applications. Vol. 2. Addison-Wesley, 1976. 255 pp. (Имеется перевод: Эндрюс Г. Теория разбиений / Пер. с англ. Б.С. Стечкина. М.: Наука, 1982. 256 с.).
- For dissertation abstracts:
- Петров Е.П. Мониторинг окружающей среды: Дис. ... канд. хим. наук. М., 1984. 146 с.
- For patents:
- Пат. 1007559 СССР, МКИ А 03 В 27/74. Микросхемы / И.И. Иванов.
- For copyright certificates:
- А.с. 1007970 СССР. 1989. МКИ У 03915/00. Устройство для захвата неориентированных деталей / Ваулин В.С., Камелин Т.О.
- For deposited papers:
- Цалюк З.Б. Устойчивость и асимптотика решений линейного интегрального уравнения с однородным ядром / Кубанский гос. университет. Краснодар, 2003. 17 с. Деп. в ВИНИТИ 18.04.03, №В2003.
- For applicants for scientific degrees and titles and for other authors, the publication of their articles in the BTI magazine is free. The magazine issues with the published articles are provided to their authors on the common basis, through the BTI subscription.
Besides, the authors can purchase and receive via e-mail the file of their article or any other necessary article from the electronic layouts of previously published BTI issues in the PDF format, through the appropriate service on the website www.natrans.ru/en.
- The manuscripts and discs arrived in postal items are not returned to the authors.
- Failure to comply with the rules of the manuscript design and computer typesetting delay the publication of the article.
- The manuscripts and other materials should be sent to the following BTI address: room 305, building 16, Voronin street, Mytischi, Moscow region, Russian Federation. Zip-code: 141006. Editorial office of the magazine the «Bulletin of Transport Information». Phone: +7 915 278-02-37. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.